Client Services Adminstrator
£25K – £30k + 30 days Hols + 8% Pension
Flexi Office Hours, 5x Death in Service Cover, Free Parking
If you love being part of a small team in a busy office, helping advisers and clients with a genuine client service ethos, this role is for you. You’ll need some administration experience in a financial office, be organised, efficient, and have an eye for detail. Our thorough training will do the rest.
The focus of this role is preparing client investment reviews and you’ll also need to be supportive towards the rest of the team, and be comfortable on the phone. In return, you can look forward to a nice working environment, your own personal development plan, sponsorship for study and yearly salary reviews.
Download the full Job Description and take a closer look. If you like what you see please click the button below to apply and upload your CV. If you would prefer a confidential chat with the Business Operations Manager first, then please contact Bridie Hood on 0121-355-4455.
Helen Blackburn talks about careers with Oaklands Wealth Management
Why work with Oaklands Wealth?
Maybe you are under-appreciated by your current employer, your talents aren’t fully used or things have changed and the new regime isn’t to your liking?
Whatever your reason, we are a growing regional company based in Sutton Coldfield and we take the development of our team very seriously. If you join us you’ll have regular reviews all through your career with us.
The focus is on you. That’s why we call them Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) to check in with you on your progress, aspirations and any frustrations.
They allow us to rise above the day-to-day work to see what’s needed to keep you interested and our clients well served.
Download the full Job Description and if you like what you see apply now attaching your current CV.
Company / Locationnavigatedown
Wealth management, providing independent financial advice on pensions, investments and defined benefit transfers to individuals and families with over £500,000 to invest. Office based in Sutton Coldfield.
Starting salary: £25,000 – £30,000
30 days holiday + public holidays
8% pension after 3 months service
Flexi office hours
5 x death in service cover
To work within a small team to carry out pensions and investment administration for clients. The focus is on preparing client investment review documents, chasing information for client requests and performing monthly investment fund analysis.
Business Operations Manager and Senior Investment Advisor
No staff responsibilities
- Preparing client investment review packs and financial summaries of investments for advisor meetings.
- Collating data from fund ratings agencies to update our monthly fund spreadsheet, identifying funds which are failing the criteria, and measuring performance against our benchmarks.
- Obtaining telephone valuations and all other investment information required for client reviews.
- Sending out and chasing client letters of authority, and chasing product providers for responses on client policy submissions, challenging timescales where necessary.
- Prioritising and carrying out all pre and post sales administration on pensions and investment business to ensure optimum workflow using software including Intelligent Office, Financial Express, Voyant, MS Office and Excel.
- Keeping accurate daily records on the progress of client cases to monitor against target times and appraise other team members, ad hoc, and in workflow meetings.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to complete client cases.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with the ability to pick up Intelligent Office, Financial Express and other software systems adopted by the company.
- Excellent numeracy with the ability to undertake complex analysis of client portfolios.
- First class level of accuracy in interpreting client and company correspondence to decide on appropriate action and crosschecking information prior to submission to product providers and clients.
- Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get on with everyone while being strong with product providers and suppliers to get our clients the best possible service.
- Receptive to instruction and training with the ability to learn swiftly and grow through self study and continuous professional development.
- Already has, or is working towards a Certificate in Financial Planning or similar.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English and numerical capability.
- 5 GCSE Grade Cs including English Language and Mathematics.
Essential characteristics you need to meet, for this role to be a good fit for you
Sense of Humour: Things don’t always go to plan. And we spend a lot of time at work, so you need to contribute to a cheerful working space. Mood swings don’t go down well with anyone here. Laughter does.
Resilience: Clients and team members can be demanding and most days you’ll have to keep many plates spinning. You’ll need the gumption to keep going, keep smiling and still give an outstanding service to everyone.
Organisational ability: You’ll need both a calm head and sense of urgency to prioritise tasks and help prioritise the workflow with your colleagues.
Team player: You need to contribute to a positive team spirit and share your knowledge with others.
Ability to listen and learn: None of us know everything or have all the answers. To understand clients and your colleagues you need to listen attentively and be open to different views. You need to want to carry on learning.
Conversational skills: Clients and team members need to trust you to work well with you, however technically proficient and experienced you think you are. You’ll need to listen to the things that are important in their lives and be able to articulate what’s important in yours, so they get a measure of you as a person too.
Desire to serve: You’ll need to truly want to serve our clients and our team and genuinely get a kick out of it. A flexible approach to doing whatever is necessary to get the job done is part of the Oaklands culture.
Having worked at Oaklands for 15 years, I have seen the company grow and expand in both personnel and office spaces. It has been great to watch it evolve from the beginning.
From the start, Oaklands has been a professional and forward-thinking company. Our systems and processes are constantly being reviewed.
We are encouraged to streamline the way we work to make sure we work as efficiently as possible.
This helps us to provide the best service we can for our clients. The work is fast-paced which means there is never time to get bored.
Clients and visitors often compliment our office. As well as the attractive & spacious layout of the building, we have an endless supply of tea, coffee and biscuits to fuel our day.
The thing that stands out from previous employment is the flexibility that the Directors have entrusted me with.
Business Operations Manager