Client Services Adminstrator / Paraplanner
To £37K + 30 days Hols + 8% Pension
Flexi Office Hours, 5x Life Cover, Free Parking
If you love being part of a small team in a busy office, helping advisers and clients with whatever needs to be done, then this is a good role for you.
It is a broad ranging position covering pensions and investments for individual clients and their families. We do not do company business, mortgages or protection business.
You may be qualified and experienced in paraplanning also, in which case you will have plenty of opportunity to use your technical skills. If however, you have some good IFA administration experience and need more paraplanning training that can be provided too.
This is not a ‘desk in the corner’ role, as you’ll need to be friendly and supportive towards the rest of the team and be able to chat with our clients. In return, you can look forward to a long-term career with us, a nice working environment and salary reviews each year consistent with your progress.
Download the full Job Description and take a closer look. If you like what you see please click the button below to apply and upload your CV. If you would prefer a confidential chat with the Managing Director first, then please contact Helen Blackburn on 0121-355-4455.
Helen Blackburn talks about careers with Oaklands Wealth Management
Why work with Oaklands Wealth?
Maybe you are under-appreciated by your current employer, your talents aren’t fully used or things have changed and the new regime isn’t to your liking?
Whatever your reason, we are a growing regional company based in Sutton Coldfield and we take the development of our team very seriously. If you join us you’ll have regular reviews all through your career with us.
The focus is on you. That’s why we call them Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) to check in with you on your progress, aspirations and any frustrations.
They allow us to rise above the day-to-day work to see what’s needed to keep you interested and our clients well served.
Download the full Job Description and if you like what you see apply now attaching your current CV.
1. Prioritising and carrying out all pre and post advice administration on pensions and investment business to ensure optimum client service, using software including Plum, Iress, Financial Express, MSOffice, Outlook and Excel.
2. Providing information on the company’s services to clients enquiring in any form, including promoting the company’s services to enquirers by telephone and email.
3. Gathering valuations and preparing client review packs and financial summaries of investments in good time for Advisers’ client meetings.
4. Keeping accurate daily records on the progress of client cases using adhering to company processes to monitor against target times and appraise other team members of what is required to complete client cases.
5. Sending out and chasing client letters of authority, and chasing product providers for responses on client policy submissions, challenging timescales where necessary.6. Providing daily progress updates within the team and weekly reports to the Managing Director and the team at workflow meetings.
7. Contributing to the continuous improvement of administrative processes, updating standard documents, and contributing to documents required for ISO 22222 and BS 8577 inspections.
For the combined Administration/Paraplanning role:
1. Drafting client suitability reports for pensions, investments and defined benefit transfers that adhere to company style while addressing individual requirements (not templated).
2. Researching and analysing products, providers, and funds.
3. Producing pension and investment projections and client reviews.
4. Keeping appraised of Trusts, taxation and estate planning principles.
5. Compliance checks on client files in consultation with Business Manager and the company’s compliance consultants.
Salary up to £37,000 + up to £10K bonus
30 days holiday per annum + public holidays
Pension contribution of 8% after 3 months
Flexi office hours
5 x Life Cover
Car Parking paid
You must have, or be working towards a Certificate in Financial Planning or similar.
An excellent standard of written and spoken English and numerical capability.
5 GCSE Grade Cs including English Language and Mathematics.
Administrator & Paraplanning role
A minimum of Financial Planning Certificate (FP3/CF5).
Preferably working towards a level 4 Diploma or equivalent qualification.
Excellent standard of written and spoken English and numerical capability.
5 GCSE Grade Cs including English Language and Mathematics.
The Oaklands Culturenavigatedown
You’ll fit in a dream if you have bags of initiative and can work flexibly as part of our team. While, there’s much laughter in the office we are serious about 2 things – consistent process and first class client service.
Something you’ll not hear around here is “that’s not my job”. Everybody’s job is to do whatever it takes to keep our clients happy and content and our business thriving.
Upon joining Oaklands it was immediately clear they practice what they preach – a clear culture of the client being the focus of everything. It was refreshing to join an organisation that turned out exactly how you thought it would.
As an employee, no matter the position you fill, your opinion is always valued and listened to. We have regular team meetings where staff can air any positive or negative feedback!
On a day-to-day basis, the atmosphere in the office is great. Fun and humour is encouraged, as we all put in extra effort when required.
There is a strong focus on training and education. Both of which are supplied where it is agreed to be beneficial to the company and team member.
If you are looking for somewhere where you are valued and treated fairly, Oaklands is the place for you.
All that is asked in exchange is that you work diligently.
Having worked at Oaklands for 13 years, I have seen the company grow and expand in both personnel and office spaces. It has been great to watch it evolve from the beginning.
From the start, Oaklands has been a professional and forward thinking company. Our systems and processes are constantly being reviewed.
We are encouraged to streamline the way we work to make sure we work as efficiently as possible.
This helps us to provide the best service we can for our clients. The work is fast paced which means there is never time to get bored.
Clients and visitors often compliment our office. As well as the attractive & spacious layout of the building, we have an endless supply of tea, coffee and biscuits to fuel our day.
The thing that stands out from previous employment is the flexibility that the Directors have entrusted me with.